Monday, September 1, 2014

365 Days of Gratitude Rollover day 152

I am in disbelief that it has been since June that I have posted.  The time just keeps rolling by.  Last week I had made a note to myself in the morning to start posting again. I guess I started slacking as I thought, no one is probably reading it anyway......the truth is, I write these for me, if anyone else reads, that is just a bonus!
I did a triathlon a couple weeks ago and was truly in awe when I saw a women in a wheel chair with no use of her legs also participating. To get in the ocean and swim is hard enough with all of ones abilities. Two people helped place her in the ocean for the swim, I was in awe. I couldn't help but think of her the entire race and smile at her incredible strength, courage and resolve.  I don't know this woman, I didn't even get to speak to her but I am grateful for her.
I went to a meeting the following Friday (the morning that I thought I needed to start posting again).  One of the lectures was on the power of gratitude.......what are the chances?
Per Dr. Steven Richeimer, here are three ways to express Gratitude
- Write a Gratitude Letter
- Keep a Gratitude Journal
- At the end of each day, express three things that went well and why


I am grateful we got to spend quality time with Irene while she was here and enjoy this beautiful night:-):

Evening across from "The Queen"

No comments:

Post a Comment