Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sad But Grateful

It has been six days now since Woody's physical presence has gone - his spirit of course still lies within me. I am sad not to see him everyday, enjoy our daily activities and have his energy encompass our home.
I am grateful for many things. We had the gift of knowing that he did have cancer and that his time would be limited. We took tremendous advantage of that time. We went on a multitude of adventures to my moms (aka his country home), the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara (even got an upgraded Bungalow out of the deal) in fact it was on this trip that at 6am I got up in my robe, no make up to let him out to do his thing - as I am picking up his remnants I run into my old boss that I had not seen in 8 years -- go figure! On his last weekend, 4th of July we went on a picnic in Palos Verdes and a road trip to Dana Point (we got our last pictures of him this weekend). I layed with him on a blanket in the TV room all day and we watched movies together and I tried to comfort him (still of course hoping that he would get better). During these last months, many days we would simply lay around on the grass looking at the clouds while he would often just roll around in total bliss.

I am grateful for my family and friends that loved him and supported us through his life and passing. People that you never would expect that come to your assistance and show their love and support.

Monday took cat to the vet, everyone commented on his handsomeness. The vet called (which I am continually impressed by as she ALWAYS follows up) she said, " I didn't know you had a cat? "I know, I need a frequent flyer card - you are probably going to think I am munchausen by animal', I said. She laughed. $300.00 and a pile of projectile vomit later spoke to the vet on Tuesday (again, great f/u on her part) She said that his blood work was great - we are both surprised as he is 19 - he is just a little anemic. Hmmm, go figure. Somehow I have discovered the "fountain of youth" with animals.
Went for a walk on Tuesday night and ran into a dog named Max - great smile


No comments:

Post a Comment