Sunday, November 17, 2013

365 Days of Gratitude Rollover day 2

Today I am grateful that I accomplished so much yesterday :):):) I am grateful for the yummy soup recipes that I got from my mother-in-law that I made for dinner last night.  I am going to share it all with you so you too can enjoy.
Anyone have any gratitudes they want to share?


Mama Sue “Lentil Soup and Pea Soup”  Fast/Easy and Super Healthy and Tasty

Lentil:

2-3 carrots diced
1 Cup celery chopped
½ Cup green pepper diced
1 small onion chopped
Garlic, black pepper and oregano
Sauté all ingredients in 2 TBLS olive oil
add 8 oz tomato sauce
6 Cups water
1 lbs of washed lentils

Bring to boil ad lower to Med heat for 30 minutes

Add 1 large or 2 small diced potatoes

Cook for additional 30 minutes
Add salt, pepper ad some chili powder

Stir pot every 15 minutes

Eat and Enjoy – YUMMMMMMMM JJJ


Pea Soup:

Same as lentil except:

Use split peas
Omit tomato sauce, green pepper and chili powder

Note, with pea soup you may need an additional 15 minutes of cooking


Enjoy!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment